Coconut oil here, coconut oil there, coconut oil everywhere! Have you been thinking about using coconut oil but you aren’t sure what all the fuss is about and you don’t know how or where to add it in your diet? Coconut oil has become a major ingredient for those pursuing a more healthy lifestyle and for good reason. Coconut oil is extremely versatile, packed with many nutrients, anti-viral and antibacterial. Coconut oil can be used for cooking in a range of different recipes, smoothies, snacks, beauty regimes, and much more!
When purchasing coconut oil, look for extra virgin and avoid refined, it is imperative that it is in an unrefined state. Also, buying organic will ensure that the coconut oil is 100 percent non-GMO, which is ideal.
Here are six incredible health benefits & reasons to start adding coconut oil into your daily routine!
- Stimulates the thyroid: Research shows that coconut oil contains a medium-chain fatty acids accelerate that stimulates metabolism, which gives you more energy and who doesn’t want that? Start off your day with a smoothie with coconut oil or spread some coconut oil on a piece of wholegrain toast!
- Lowers cholesterol: Coconut oil protects your heart by reducing total cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol. Keeping your cholesterol levels healthy is important as it is a great way to keep your heart healthy and lowers your chances of having a stroke or getting heart disease.
- Aids with weight loss: Remember, healthy fats do not make you fat! The healthy medium chain fatty acids do not circulate in the bloodstream like other fats; they are sent directly to the liver and are converted into energy. So the body does not store the fat in coconut oil as fat; it uses it to produce energy instead! Coconut oil is a great addition for those who lead an active lifestyle.
- Supports the immune system. Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid, a nutrient that supports the body’s immune system. When the immune system is strong, you can fight off toxins, stress and keep yourself healthy and vibrant.
- Great for the skin: When coconut oil is applied externally it forms a protective antibacterial layer protecting the infected body part. Also, coconut oil speeds up the healing process by helping to repair damaged tissue. Coconut oil can be used as a moisturizer that you can apply directly to the skin (including your face) that will supply your body with nutrients while giving your skin an undeniable glow.